Tuesday 12 May 2015

Pan- Fried Garlic Rosemary Chicken Recipe

Baba (my father-in-law) loves food. There's no two ways about it. You can see his passion in how enthusiastically he talks of food, eats it with gusto and is involved in planning menus as much as possible. The ball doesn't just stop there. He always is up for trying new dishes in the kitchen- from new recipes to just simple addition of different herbs and spices to our regular dishes. When I try something new, he will be right there in the kitchen asking me how I am making it or with suggestions about what else I could try with it. That makes for great company in the kitchen!

Pan-Fried Garlic Rosemary Chicken Recipe


This dish has come from a simple request he came to me with. He has got a bottle of dried rosemary from Singapore when he was at my sister-in-law's (yes he shops for new food stuff too!) which he uses for anything and everything. He loves it's flavour so much! He asked me if I can find fresh rosemary somewhere in Mumbai since he'd had it in Singapore and really liked it. And I laughed and said that it has become available at the supermarket in the mall near our house. On our next shopping trip we got some fresh rosemary leaves. 

Pan-Fried Garlic Rosemary Chicken Recipe

In this dish, I have tried to highlight the  anise-seed-y pungent flavour of rosemary by keeping it simple and pairing it only with the complementary taste of garlic. This dish takes exactly 10 minutes to make. While it is great to have just like that as a starter, I am thinking of using it the next time in a salad with iceberg lettuce and a dash of mayo or in a chapati roll with some mayo again. 

Pan- Fried Garlic Rosemary Chicken Recipe

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time:  10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
200 grams chicken breasts
2 tbsps olive oil
8-10 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 stalks of fresh rosemary, leaves separated
1 tsp pepper
Salt to taste

Method

Clean the chicken breasts and dice them into 1 inch cubes.

In a pan heat the olive oil.

Lower the flame and fry the garlic in it slowly till it starts turning brown (about 1-2 minutes).

Add in the chicken, the rosemary leaves and salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes till the chicken is done. 

Serve fresh. 

You can add a dash of lime juice to the chicken if you wish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment